By C. M Kauffmann
Read or Download An altar-piece of the Apocalypse from Master Bertram's workshop in Hamburg, (Victoria and Albert Museum. Monograph, no. 25) PDF
Best graphic arts books
Hardware-intrinsic defense is a tender box facing safe mystery key garage. through producing the key keys from the intrinsic homes of the silicon, e. g. , from intrinsic actual Unclonable services (PUFs), no everlasting mystery key garage is needed anymore, and the secret is merely found in the equipment for a minimum period of time.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference publication. It offers a whole clinical dictionary masking 1000s of phrases and expressions in terms of carrots. It additionally offers wide lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it presents info to clients on the right way to replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of web assets.
Works by way of Bellini, Tintoretto, and different Venetian Renaissance artists are reproduced and observed by way of brief biographies and commentaries
- Warpaint Series No. 34 - Avro Lincoln
- Cryptanalysis: a study of cyphers and their solution
- Doing Sensory Ethnography
- Arachnoid Cysts - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Additional info for An altar-piece of the Apocalypse from Master Bertram's workshop in Hamburg, (Victoria and Albert Museum. Monograph, no. 25)
The dragon is Chosroes ll, King of Persia ('91- 628) and the sta rs it pulls down from heaven represent the defeat of the Christian forces in the Near East and in particular the capture of Jerusalem and Damascus. Inscription: Apocalypsim Xli ... peperit masculum id est Heraclium ... (largely illegible). jO) Michael fights the dragon . (H. 7- 8) Thi s is the battle between Chosroes II and Heraclius which ended in the total defeat of th e Persians in 627. The remaining part of the inscription is illegible.
27) The two witnesses are killed by the beas t from the abyss and ascend to heaven . (11 . 3- 12) Although both witnesses are shown as Popes with keys, the text identifies them as Pope Silverius (H6-7) and the Patriarch 1\ienas. The beast from the abyss is the Byza ntine general Belisariu s who occupied Rome in H6. Under the influence of the Empress Theodora, he banished Silverius in the following year o n the grounds that he had supported the Goths. The voice calling the witnesses to heaven is that of Bishop J\mator, who provided Silverius with money in exile.
PI. ] 22.. See, for example, M . R. James, Tb. Trillity Col/'g' Apocalypse, 1909, fols, 2v, 18, 18v . For example, Brit. , Add. 22493, fol. 3'"; Magdalene College, Cambridge, :MS. 5; Florence, Laurenziana, i\ shburnham 415, all 13th century, see Brieger, Ellglisb Art, p. 218. Cf. also a 14th-century German Apocalypse: H. 0gl. Bibliotbtk til Il7eilllar, 19I2, pI. 29. Fran z Juraschek. Das Rfi'fsd ill D,f'ru Gollusrhall, 1955, figs. 5 . See above, n. 29. For the origin of the St. John cycle see James, Trillity Col/'g' Aporalyps" p.